It's a New Generation of Dancing
It's time to erase the old image you might have of square dancing from your school days or TV. Today's dancing is done to great music from the best of modern music, including Country, Rock, Disco, Gospel, Hip-Hop, and Bluegrass! There are new dance steps -exciting new patterns to learn. And you can dance any where in the world you might travel - 18 different countries including the Far East and Europe! Best of all, there are new people to meet, friends to make, events to attend. Square dancing is "Friendship set to music." This is one of the best kept secrets in town. It's time you opened the door and let the great benefits they offer enhance your life.
If you are looking for a way to exercise and have fun too . . .
Modern Square Dancing is dancing and thinking. Moving in rhythm keeps you physically fit. Your doctor will tell you that aerobic exercises are the best, and studies have shown that square dancers can walk up to five miles in a single night!
Square dancers burn up to 400 calories each 30 minutes of dancing. It's aerobic exercise that also helps coordination, balance, endurance, and cardiac function and helps keep muscles toned and healthy. Learning the basic steps is as easy as walking.
A New Song and Dance Routine and a Great New Involvement for All Ages!
- It's fun!
- No prior dancing ability needed!
- It's an aerobic, weight-bearing, calorie-burning activity!
- It forms lifelong friendships!
- It develops teamwork!
- It increases listening skills! (recommended by doctors to help maintain mental acuity)
- It's economical! the most fun for the least dollar . . . anywhere
- It broadens your social life!
- It's performed in healthy non-smoking/nondrinking environment!
- It's multi-generational!